The Roanoke Island Historical Association (RIHA), the non-profit that produces The Lost Colony, is now accepting applications for the position of Office Manager.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Office Manager provides executive, administrative, and day-to-day operational support for the Roanoke Island Historical Association (RIHA). The position is responsible for maintaining office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and equipment procurement; developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and task delegation.
- Assists the CEO and staff with daily administrative duties and a broad variety of administrative tasks including correspondence.
- Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with members of RIHA staff.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, National Park Service, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and inventory.
- Maintains office equipment, IT and phone systems.
- Supports CEO in their external commitments related to RIHA, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Oversight and organization of RIHA server files.
- Primary front desk operations to include but not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, and distributing mail.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating quarterly Board meetings and events; Board member orientations; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials.
- Coordinates Executive, Finance, Nominating, Audit and other Committee Board meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the CEO’s agenda.
- Takes and prepares minutes for Board and Executive Committee meetings.
Housing Management Responsibilities
- In -season – Assists Morrison Grove Housing Manager and Maintenance Coordinator with forms, check in and check out. Processes deposit refunds.
- Manages Morrison Grove during off-season to include rental applications, showing units, leases, rent collection, keys, and other duties as needed. Collects rent and processes deposit refunds.
- Manages Volunteer data base, communication and scheduling
- Works with Ticketing software to take orders, look up customers, and other duties as needed. Maintains complimentary ticket requests file.
- Works with Development software to look up patrons and other duties as needed.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of staff meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Records and maintains staff PTO records.
- Submits and maintains worker comp claims as needed.
- Assists with TLC special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to the CEO and works directly with the RIHA Staff.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Preferred experience working with development, fundraising and volunteer programs (Donor Perfect), ticketing software (Etix) and accounting software (QuickBooks) to provide support and backup for these areas.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including customers, donors, Board members, colleagues of the CEO and staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Other Data:
Salary and Benefits: The Office Manager is a full-time position, salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. RIHA has an excellent benefits package, including health, PTO, and retirement programs.
Applications: Please email your résumé and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Office Manager” in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls.
The Roanoke Island Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.