As you probably know, Outer Banks weather is unpredictable – raining during the day and then clearing up in time for the show; it could also be raining in Kitty Hawk and beautiful on Roanoke Island. We make every effort to perform The Lost Colony while keeping our guests in a comfortable and safe environment. But we are outdoors, so here’s how it goes:
- In a light rain, we will keep going and enjoy the added ambiance.
- The performance may be delayed due to weather conditions.
- No decision about the performance is made prior to 7:45 PM.
- If the performance is cancelled, you can choose to receive tickets for another 2018 The Lost Colony performance- Yep, you can come back!
Performance Cancellation Insurance
Just don’t trust the weather? For only $5.00 per ticket you can purchase Performance Cancellation Insurance and receive a refund for the value of the ticket minus taxes & $2.50 ticket processing fee. If the show is cancelled after completion of Act 1, there are no refunds but you still can receive tickets to another 2018 The Lost Colony performance.
- Performance Cancellation Insurance is available up to 24 hours before the performance.
- Refunds are only given if insurance has been purchased AND the show is cancelled.
- If patrons leave of their own volition and the show is performed, no refunds will be given.
- Refunds are not available the same date as the cancelled performance. Please contact the ticket office after 2 PM the following day.
If you would like to add Performance Cancellation Insurance after the initial ticket purchase, please contact the box office: 252-473-6000.