The Lost Colony is a living legacy. No other outdoor theatre portrays history in a more vibrant and memorable production. The Lost Colony theatre production is brought to you by the Roanoke Island Historical Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and celebrating the founding of English America.
Against the breathtaking backdrop of the Roanoke Sound, The Lost Colony experience is one of captivating costumes, dramatic staging, live music and pure family entertainment. History unfolds as the story of the unsolved mystery of America’s beginnings on an island called Roanoke is told at the Waterside Theatre.
Ticket sales cover less than 50% of the cost of the production. Your support is vital to the production of The Lost Colony and the many other programs produced by the Roanoke Island Historical Association (RIHA).
Ways to Support
- Membership: View our Membership Page for more details. Members are entitled to exclusive benefits, including free tickets to The Lost Colony, exclusive discounts on tickets and merchandise, invitations to exclusive events, and so much more!
- Sponsorship: If you own a business or know somebody that does, consider Sponsorship of The Lost Colony. View our Sponsorship Page to learn how your business can benefit from Sponsorship, with amazing perks like advertising, tickets to give to your customers, and more!
- Legacy Planning: Include The Lost Colony in your estate planning, and continue to give for the rest of our history. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- In-Kind Donations: We are always in need of things! Your in-kind donation will help provide us with valuable tools and items that will benefit the annual production of The Lost Colony and the Roanoke Island Historical Association. If you have something that you think we might need, chances are we do need it. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Your Generous Donation:
- Ensures that the history of America’s first English Colony on Roanoke Island is celebrated for generations to come
- Makes possible theatre and arts programs such as the youth theatre camps, the children’s summer theatre shows and backstage tours
- Brings educational programs to our schools with the annual school matinee performance of The Lost Colony, the Mystery of the Lost Colony production for young audiences,and other enrichment activities
- Supports educational events such as the annual Virginia Dare Birthday Celebration, engaging children in Elizabethan history
- Provides aspiring actors and artists pursuing their dreams of a career in the cultural arts with an opportunity for one of a kind training and experiences- over 120 each season and more than 5,000 since 1937
- Provides cultural arts opportunities for underserved and special needs populations to enjoy the production with arts-sign language interpreters, youth camp scholarships and customized programs for non-profits with these missions
- Supports community programs such as Dare Nights when residents can attend the performance free with donations of canned goods to benefit local food banks
- Help preserve a rich history of the area
- Supports North Carolina legacy that brings generations of visitors to the Outer Banks region and contributes greatly to its economic vitality
- Gives you voting rights at the Annual Membership meeting, and an invite to Opening Night!
Public Disclosure Quicklinks
A copy of our recent financial statements are available for download below. For our complete financial disclosure, please visit Guidestar.org.