It is through the generous and committed contributions from our volunteers, members, and sponsors that we can continue to sustain this national treasure. Please consider how you can keep the dream of America alive! Visit our pages below to find details on the variety of ways you can contribute to The Lost Colony.
The Lost Colony is a living legacy. No other outdoor theatre portrays history in a more vibrant and memorable production. The Lost Colony theatre production is brought to you by the Roanoke Island Historical Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and celebrating the founding of English America.
Against the breathtaking backdrop of the Roanoke Sound, The Lost Colony experience is one of captivating costumes, dramatic staging, live music and pure family entertainment. History unfolds as the story of the unsolved mystery of America’s beginnings on an island called Roanoke is told at the Waterside Theatre.
Ticket sales cover less than 50% of the cost of the production. Your support is vital to the production of The Lost Colony and the many other programs produced by the Roanoke Island Historical Association (RIHA).
“Humanity’s legacy of stories and storytelling is the most precious we have. All wisdom is in our stories and songs. A story is how we construct our experiences.” ~Doris Lessing
Double your gift with a matching gift from your organization, see participating companies!
Your Generous Donation:
- Ensures that the history of America’s first English Colony on Roanoke Island is celebrated for generations to come
- Makes possible theatre and arts programs such as the youth theatre camps, the children’s summer theatre shows and backstage tours
- Brings educational programs to our schools with the annual school matinee performance of The Lost Colony, the Mystery of the Lost Colony production for young audiences,and other enrichment activities
- Supports educational events such as the annual Virginia Dare Birthday Celebration, engaging children in Elizabethan history
- Provides aspiring actors and artists pursuing their dreams of a career in the cultural arts with an opportunity for one of a kind training and experiences- over 120 each season and more than 5,000 since 1937
- Provides cultural arts opportunities for underserved and special needs populations to enjoy the production with arts-sign language interpreters, youth camp scholarships and customized programs for non-profits with these missions
- Supports community programs such as Dare Nights when residents can attend the performance free with donations of canned goods to benefit local food banks
- Help preserve a rich history of the area and The Lost Colony
- Supports North Carolina legacy that brings generations of visitors to the Outer Banks region and contributes greatly to its economic vitality
- Gives you voting rights at the Annual Membership meeting, and an invite to Opening Night!